A note from Joelle...
For lunch, I looked in the fridge and saw that all I had left were four tortilla wraps, half an onion and some cheese... not very inspiring on their own. But then looking in my kitchen cupboard, I found some tomato salsa! And then it hit me... I can make Quesadillas!
I like to make these little vegetarian Mexican beauties really gooey, with the cheese and salsa oozing out - but that's just me!
You can be creative and add whatever you want to them and eat it for lunch or as a little pick-me-up! What's great is that they usually take only 10 minutes to make, which is fab if you are always on the go.
|Ingredients: 1/2 onion (diced), four tbsp tomato salsa, a pinch of salt, grated cheese (I used mild Cheddar), drizzle of sunflower oil.|
Here's how to make them!
1. Put a drizzle of oil in a saucepan on medium heat and leave it to sizzle for 5 minutes
3. Place a tortilla wrap flat in the pan and quickly spread the tomato salsa. Check that the bottom is golden brown, but not burning.
5. Grab another tortilla wrap and place it on top of the filling. Squeeze the edges together to stop the filling coming out.
6. Flip the wrap over carefully and wait until the other side is a crispy golden brown colour
7. Put the quesadillas on a plate, slice into generous segments and serve straight away!This may look messy with the filling oozing out, but it's fine and tastes wonderful!