A note from Joelle...
I found a picture of this cake on tumblr and then went ahead and got the recipe from this site. I could not believe how simple it was to make.
These are sweet little slices of fluffy, creamy heaven and don't need any fancy ingredients to make!
- 113g Unsalted Butter
- 480ml Milk
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 150g Icing Sugar (Powdered/Confectioner's Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Water
- 115g Flour
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- Extra icing sugar for dusting at the end
- Preheat the oven to 160°F and grease a medium-sized baking dish.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks, like you would for a meringue and then set aside. I had to do this by hand (electric whisk is broken) and it took FOREVER!
- Melt the butter and set aside. in the meantime ,warm the milk to lukewarm.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together and then add the melted butter and the water, then stir.
- Fold in the flour ( in small intervals) until evenly incorporated. Slowly add the milk and vanilla extract, then mix again
- Fold in the egg whites, small helpings at a time. Repeat until all of the egg whites are folded in nicely.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish/tin and bake for 40-55 minutes or until the top is golden. Allow cake to fully cool before cutting and then dust it generously with icing sugar.
Please let me know if you try this recipe! Happy baking! :)