A note from Joelle...
How have you been? Happy Easter weekend to you all! I'm back off for a blogger's lunch in London today and will have a shiny new post up for you about if next week.
I was so excited to be review Tropic Skin Care Vitamin Toner as I had heard so much about the brand. Let's get cracking!
|(*) Vitamin Toner|
About the brand: I remember watching the final Apprentice aftermath show on BBC2 and wondering what Susan Ma would do next. She did mention something about establishing a skincare range, and I was not surprised - her skin was flawless and glowed in every episode!
- Price: £12.00 - pretty reasonable for a 120ml bottle.
- What It Does: A toner is used after cleansing the face (and neck) but before moisturising. It helps to balance skin tone and the pH of skin. This vitamin toner is suitable for ALL skin types. It's alcohol free and contains aloe vera, white tea and vitamin C instead.
- My Routine: I cleanse my face first and then use this toner before I moisturise. It's more gentle that my regular toner (and smells waaay better) and does not sting the sensitive areas on my face. The spray nozzle is a bit stiff though, but it is become more loose the more I spray it day-by-day. I use this on my face and neck with a cotton pad (as recommended on the packaging). I was surprised about the amount of that came off my face - I mean, eww. I thought my exfoliating routine got rid of most of the dead skin and junk but I was wrong!
- My Opinion: I am so impressed with this toner. To be honest, I didn't think it could compare to my witch hazel toner that I use religiously. It's refreshing on the skin and moved dirt, dead skin that I though I had already gotten rid of in my cleansing routine. - Firstly, I like that it's alcohol-free. Some products pretend to be natural and derived from nature, but I always catch them out when I read the ingredients on the back.
- My skin was smoother! This never happens with a toner for me. With other toners my face stings afterwards and my little spots become inflamed This did not happen with this vitamin toner, thank God.
- The Verdict: I like products that are honest and does exactly what it says on the tin. I am happy to say that this vitamin toner does exactly that. The slogan for the Tropic Skin Care brand is 'Pure - Honest - Effective' and they could not be more right.
- Rating: 9/10 This is really good for ll skin types, no dodgy ingredients, gentle yet effective on the skin and actually works! Almost full marks from me!
Have you tried any Tropic Skin Care products? What is your favourite?