A note from Joelle...
♫ ♪ 'Pack Up' - Eliza Doolittle ♫ ♪
It may still be freezing cold outside, but I'm going to convince myself that it's Spring and bring you a fruity dessert!
I was very kindly sent a bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato and have been allowed to create a recipe around the wine.
Gallo Moscato is a beautifully sweet wine made from peach, pineapple, orange blossom and honey. It's really refreshing as a drink on it's own, but it's equally as delicious in cupcakes, who knew?
Here's my recipe for my Gallo Moscato and Passionfruit Cupcakes!
110g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla extract
Blitzed pulp of 2 passion fruits
2 large eggs
1 tsp Baking powder
110g Self-raising Flour
Glug of Gallo Moscato- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and passion fruit and stir until smooth and even
- Add a few glugs of Gallo Moscato and stir until it forms a golden cake batter
- Fold in the baking powder and plain flour in a figure of 8 pattern
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake until golden at 180 degrees Celcius
- Decorate it in any style you want. A small hint of the Gallo Moscato in the icing is delicious too!
If you'd like another recipe with the delicious Gallo Moscato, check out this Spiced Orange Blossom Punch:
- 2 bottles of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato
- Half a lemon, half an orange & 4 kumquats
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- 80g sugar
- 6 whole allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Twist of orange zest and physalis
- Thinly slice the lemon, orange and kumquats, discarding any seeds. Quarter the orange slices.
- Put the fruit into a pan and add honey, sugar, orange blossom and allspice.
- With a knife, cut the cinnamon sticks lengthwise into thinner strips & add to the pan.
- Add two cups of water to the pan, bring to boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes
- Pour both bottles of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato into the hot citrus base and heat until steaming for about 8 minutes
- Pour into martini glasses with a twist of orange zest and a physalis for garnish.
Gallo Moscato has an RRP of £6.79 and is available from all major retailers!