GOOOOOOOOOD Morning! Today, I bring you a recipe I thought up of on the spot as I had lots of blueberries and ground almonds left over from making porridge. Having ground nuts in cakes for me is better because I don't really like crunchy things that ruin the cake's texture.
110g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla extract
A box of fresh blueberries
2 large eggs
1 tsp Baking powder
110g Self-raising Flour
4 tbsp Ground Almonds
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth and even
- Fold in the baking powder and plain flour in a figure of 8 pattern
- Stir until it forms a golden cake batter
- Add the blueberries a bit at a time and sieve in the almonds
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake until golden at 180 degrees Celcius
And there you go! They are really great breakfast muffins to share (or not)!