A note from Joelle...
♫ ♪ 'T-Shirt' - Shontelle ♫ ♪
I remember when I got my first paycheck at the tender age of 16. I was so keen to buy new clothes from the High Street (as I had always done), but as I now had a debit card, I wanted to shop online and finally know that it felt like to receive a big parcel full of goodies.
It was that moment when I made my first purchase of a handbag and a ring from ASOS, I realised that this was so much better than walking around the shops for hours on end!
So, has the Internet changed my shopping habits? HELL YEAH! Here's how:
- I like the fact that money is invisible and no one is there to sneakily follow you around the shops like a criminal.
- The fact that the internet never closes it's doors and is there for you 24/7. You can search through hundreds of items whilst in still in bed with a cuppa (I do this on many occasions!).
- The variety online and scrolling through pages of clothes is waaaaay easier than searching through clothes rails, right? I can spend hours on sites like ASOS, Urban Outfitters, In Love With Fashion, etc.
- ONLINE DISCOUNTS!!!!!!! I am always on the hunt for special online offers on sites like Vouchercodes.
- And where would we all be without the beloved eBay? This site changed how I shop in the most drastic way. The anticipation of the auction timer coming to an end, and even the heartbreak when someone outbids you at the final second. Selling my unloved clothes at the click of a mouse and making a bit of money on the side would not have been possible without the Internet!
Then, when I started getting into serious fashion blogging, watching Fashion Week shows online helped me to feel part of the fashion world and produce my own reviews. Having the speedy internet that Virgin Media provides would have been better than the dodgy, super-slow network I was on at the time!
It's not always plain sailing with online shopping, as you probably know...
I know it's hard to determine whether the clothes will fit perfectly, but 9 out of 10 they do and even if they don't, most retailers offer quick refunds/exchanges.
I wouldn't buy everything online though. I tend to refrain from buying things like bras and luxury makeup online as I want to make sure that they are a perfect fit in person first!
All-in-all, I am glad that I am living in this digital era where things are most accessible. It saves so much time and is really enjoyable to use!
How has the internet changed YOUR shopping habits?