I have been challenged by giffgaff to come up with a few money-saving tips, that will make your bank account love you without compromising to sartorial needs! Here are my tips:
- Don't rule out eBay – Yes, it can be notorious for second-hand stuff, but more and more new boutiques are starting to sell brand new clothing items from there. Most of my clothes cost less than £20 and are excellent quality!
- No shame in thrift shopping – It’s taken the world by storm over recent years and it’s a great thing. If you search, you may find one-off designer pieces for practically pennies!
- Always try on clothes first – It may seem like a no-brainer, but most money is wasted when we purchase something only to find it doesn't fit/doesn't look great when we get home. If you have the time, spend a good 10 minutes in the changing room to determine whether the clothes are really worth your £££.
- Ditch the debit/credit card – When shopping, it’s easy to overspend when you pay by card and can't see how much you're actually spending. It’s best to take the amount you are willing to spend in cash and leave the card at home!
- Have a clothes swap party – Get together with your friends and swap your pre-loved clothes for something new. You’re getting rid of you clothes, getting some new ones and not paying a penny!
I hope this post helps you to save the pennies! Got any more tips for low-cost fashion?