Nothing says 'Autumn' more than the smell of apples, cinnamon and sugar baking in the oven, right?
Although I love baking yummy treats, I have a newfound-love for baking vegan snacks that are healthier than regular cakes, but still taste amazing - these apple crisps are no exception and I will be snacking on them through out Uni this term!
3 Apples - I used red Gala apples, but you can use Granny Smith or Pink Lady also.
2 tsp brown sugar
Sprinkle ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 90 degrees Celsius
- Slice your apples as thinly as you can (they get crisper when thinner) starting from the top of the apple. Don't worry if they are not all perfect circles.
- Spread the sliced on a lightly greased baking tray
- Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon
- Bake at 90 degrees for about 2 hours
- After those hours, leave in the oven to cool down (so that then dry out and get even more crispy!)
- Serve and enjoy! I'm sure they will be gone within seconds!
Let me know if you give these a try!