Following on from my Cinnamon Apple Crisps, I bring you a new super-simple vegan snack recipe!
I had had kale chips before, but my friend Elsh got me hooked again with her really delicious recipe.
My East African friends are very fond of kale and even Oscar-winning actress, Lupita Nyong'o shared her love of kale on a talk show last year.
Kale is a new type of veg that has been taking the UK by storm due to it's nutritional benefits. Very rich in antioxidants and known to lower cholesterol, people are mashing it up and slapping it on their faces, while others are blending it in a smoothie.
This recipe literally takes 6 minutes and it tastes amazing on it's own as a snack, so on the side of a larger meal. It's funny because lots of my friends were sceptical about this, but when I made it for them and they tried it, their opinion totally changed (and the kale was eaten up in minutes!)
You Will Need:
- Chopped and Washed Curly Kale - I picked a fresh packet of chopped kale in ASDA for 95p!
- A lashing of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A sprinkle of Garlic Salt (or separate garlic powder and salt)
- Wash the kale and place on a baking tray
- Sprinkle on the garlic salt and drizzle on the olive oil
- Bake at 200 for 3-5mins or until it's turning slightly brown and crisp
Let me know if you give this a try!