(^^Don't pretend you don't know it!)
Okay, so I've clearly been living under a rock for the past two decades, because I've never made my own chips (or fries).
For me, it looked like too much stress for a simple side dish, and manz just ain't got the time!
But this Autumn, I'm all about change because change is good! Not forgetting to mention that this is the season for tasty comfort food!
So I tried to make my own chips, with my own recipe...and it WORKED! I can't believe it! These chips are 100% vegan, healthier because they are baked and not fried and just taste delicious.
I never need to buy frozen chips again because:
A) Frozen chips are incredibly expensive for the small amount you get
B) These are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside every time!
C) Frozen ones don't taste as good as my homemade ones!
Don't believe me?
Try my recipe below and see for yourself!
You will need:
Baking potatoes - I use 1 large one for two people
A Sprinkle of mixed herbs (basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Get a saucepan and fill it halfway with cold water. Allow it to boil on the stove.
3. Wash your potato(es) well and then slice them down the middle into chip-shaped chunks with a large knife
4. Add the sliced potato into the boiling water for three minutes
5. Drain the water and pour the chips (carefully, will be really hot!) onto a baking tray. They should still be in one piece, but not really hard.
6.Dab away any excess starchy water with a paper towel
7. Coat all the chips in olive oil, salt, pepper and the herbs of your choice.
8. Bake at 200 degrees for 35-45 minute. I know it's long but it's worth it!
9. When nice and golden, they are ready! Drown them in vinegar or tomato sauce and marvel at your ingenious creation!