Good morning folks!
Today I bring you a really easy recipe that will impress all your family and friends. It can be made in under an hour and you'll look like a baking God(dess)!
Here's how to make raspberry scones.
|How can you resist?|
500g self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
A pinch of cinnamon
120g cold, unsalted butter (diced)
100g white caster sugar
2 large eggs
100g raspberries (fresh or defrosted from frozen) - blueberries work well too
*Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius
1. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt
2. Add in the sugar and set aside
3. Add the butter and rub in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, mix with the milk and vanilla
5. Pour in mixture into the dry bowl and stir
6. Cut/tear the raspberries in half and stir them in slowly. They will bleed and turn it all pink if you rush!
7. Sprinkle flour onto the surface and pat the mixture together until it forms a thick dough
8. Do not knead or overwork the dough, just roll it gently so it's even in thickness (around 4cm)
9. Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut out the scones
10. Place on a greased baking tray
11. Brush to top with milk, sprinkle some more sugar and bake for roughly 10-13 minutes
Take out of the oven and place on a cooling rack for about 10 mins before serving with butter/jam/clotted cream.
Let me know if you give these a try!